View Single Post
Old July 14th 17, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default CAI Model 20 to OLC?

On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 10:08:58 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 8:46:34 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, July 13, 2017 at 6:19:04 PM UTC-4, Papa3 wrote:

I was stupid enough to take the lead in trying to manage the process of getting the Legacy CAI workaround through the OLC folks back in 2012.

And I was stupid enough to write the Cambridge converter program, and also the "Cambridge Aero Explorer".

Soaring software, its a gold mine!

Guy Byars

Thank you again, Guy! I still communicate with my 20/25 using a super ancient TI Extensa running Windows 98. Still has a real serial port, and a 3..5 inch floppy drive. Initial view of the flights is via the old Cambridge DOS program. Then I move to either an XP or Vista machine, and view on Aero Explorer Plus. To get the flight over there, I have a USB 3.5 inch floppy drive. And, yes. It all works just fine.

We need to see a flight in your SGS 1-20 recorded using a Model 10 logger and uploaded to OLC, Guy!

I actually still have my CAI Model 10 logger, though it requires a cash infusion to work again. I think I'll just keep it for static display in my museum.

The SGU 1-20 will never have a logger on board. The pellet vario and a paper map still work very well thank you. Though with a 2.01 handicap I could clean up in Sports Class.