Old April 29th 19, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Ventus 3 Performance In Perry SC

On Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 10:09:31 PM UTC-4, Tony wrote:
V3's also took the bottom two spots, or two of the bottom five, considering that the only ones below were withdrawn.

15 and 18m Nationals will be interesting this year now that JS-3s are in the country.

Perry is kind of weird with "FAI" classes but no water ballast.

Perry is it's own thing. You have pilots that are current, pilots that are contest current and guys that haven't flown in six months. The weather is whatever it is (highly variable, this year four low blue days, medium hard to really hard).

18s and 15s allow water. Water was not an advantage this year. I gridded dry three days, carried water halfway around one day, was glad to be rid of it when I finally dumped it.

Gliders win nothing, especially with speeds in 40s, 50s and low 60s. This year's winners, Dick, Erik, Jason and Chris are a fine bunch of pilots. 15s was a lot of fun. See you guys next year!

Evan / T8