Old September 9th 03, 03:44 AM

"Big Dave" david wrote:

Actually I got the info from a filmed interview of a Grandslam mission pilot
who stated that both he and the flight engineer had the throttle levers
pushed hard against the stops to get a few extra revs out of the engines as
"The cow was bloody overloaded & did not want get off the damm ground".

B D aka Mycroft

Thank you Mycroft, and yes, it sure was overloaded, what did
those Grandslams weigh..something around 22,000 pounds?...and
with an AUW of around 40,000 that weight was well over HALF of
what the aircraft weighed itself...amazing indeed.

I guess we can cut him some artistic slack for his remarks, must
not have been wonderful fun doing that job.
--

-Gord.