Old July 30th 14, 10:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Justin Craig[_3_]

Default Trackers

The UK Club Class are on day 5 today. The website has excellent tracking
using the flarm data. Well worth a visit.

http://clubclass.onglide.com/current-day.xml

By the time you guys in the US are awake they should be well on their way.

At 07:36 30 July 2014, Jim White wrote:
In the UK we are having some success using internet linked ground

stations
to track flarm equipped gliders. The stations which are based upon
Raspberrt Pi with a usb tv receiver (cost about $50) need to be around
20-30k apart.

Might also be good for US contests especially around the start finish.

Take a look at cunimb.fr/live/ at 14:00 gmt today and you will see what I
mean.

Jim

At 07:05 30 July 2014, wrote:
Upon arriving to Poland, I was told by the local experts that mobile
tracking was not going to work. In fact, it does work great, even at
altitudes.

The pre-release version of GlideTrack for Android is available at
http://glideport.aero/GlideTrack/index.html
(Will get the release version in the Play Store when I get back.)

More info about GlideTrack including the source code is at
https://github.com/glideport/GlideTrack

Cheers. Pedja
http://tiptop.com/011

PS. You can also see the top 15m tracks after the flight at
http://glideport.aero/wgc2014
(Click the left button on the bottom of the screen to go to the previous
day.)