Old June 3rd 04, 02:06 PM
Don Johnstone

There was/is a trial in progress using dayglo markings
on Grob Acros (Vikings) used by the Air Cadets. The
controlling authority for the aircraft is HQ Air Cadets
at RAF Cranwell. I do not know if there are any results
yet, the gliders look very garish and are easy to see
on the ground from the air. I have to say that it does
not appear to make them anymore visible when they are
flying unless they are already close enough to see
easily anyway.

At 07:12 03 June 2004, Craig Reynolds wrote:
Can anyone point me to where I might find a report
of findings for a
recent (so I'm told) study into the effectiveness of
anti-collision/High
Visibility markings on Gliders? I believe the study
is UK or European,
but any info would be appreciated.

Regards to all,
Fly Safe