Old February 29th 04, 08:59 AM
Ron

Parents can not get you your BA or BS degree.

They can indeed, especially if they are alumni and/or are public figures.
They're what are called legacy degrees.

No, that is legacy in terms of points for university acceptance. But that does
not help you pass your classe or get you your degree. Never heard of a legacy
degree...But it can apply for acceptance into school and frats.

They cant get thru F-102 training.

The offspring of public figures often are extended courtesies and
consideration
not available to others.

I dont think an IP will care you are you or where you came from. Ask Ed if he
ever gave rats ass during Fighter Lead In who someone was.

Parents cant make you excel at pilot training and ACM.

I don't believe I ever read of a claim that he excelled. When he took his
AFOQT, his application form reflected a pencil entry of 25th pctl, which was
the
lowest level acceptable for entrance into pilot training. I'm not even sure
if
the pencilled in entry didn't replace a lower original one.

I have read often that he was a very good stick at UPT, and he was damn good at
ACM while as an F-102 pilot

They also cant get you your MBA.

He himself acknowledged that he was a mediocre student who spent most of his
time drinking and doing as little as possible in order to get through the
program. My father was a sheet metal mechanic and with a similar academic
performance from me, Harvard would have bounced me out on my ass in a
heartbeat.
Let's not be so naive about the influence of parents who are public figures
and/or alumni.

Hell, I was a mediocre student too. B average all the way thru..at best. But
my IQ, AFOQT, SAT, etc were usually pretty high. He (and I) had an SAT of over
1200, which tranlates pretty high. He certainly had a far better academic
record that Gore, but you dont see any Democrats that ever criticized Gore over
it

It's all in the eye of the beholder. When all is said and done, he can't
divorce his parents nor can he deny that he knows them when they make a
judicious call here or there and good things result for him. It doesn't mean
he
did it all on his own. Bill Gates did it all on his own, but Dubya's nowhere
near in the same class.

George Z.

Yes, but it sounds like you are holding it against him, because of his parents.
But then Kerry, Kennedy, Roosevelt, all came from priviledged upbringings too.

Ron
Tanker 65, C-54E (DC-4)