Old March 12th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default FAA Mandates Plastic Pilot Certificates By March 31, 2010 Or You're Grounded

(Ron Lee) wrote in news:47d7ff63.6885109
@news.pcisys.net:

Regardless of the "right" wording, are you equivocating? Sounds like
you can't fly in the USA unless you get a plastic license.

Not quite, it sounds like you can no longer fly if your certificate
is issued by the FAA.

Ok, I see your point. You are right. So this American, who has a FAA
issued pilot certificate, could no longer legally fly in the USA at
some point if I did not get the new plastic certificate. I did not
look at the wording in a legal sense.

Actually, he could, if he is using a foreign certificate. I have about five
of them in various states of repair and can use any one of them to fly in
the US.

Bertie