Old July 5th 09, 07:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Derek Copeland[_2_]

Default SAFE Winch Launching

At 01:38 05 July 2009, bildan wrote:

Written by someone who thinks British automobiles with Lucas electrics

are reliable transportation.

Having in the past owned several rather unreliable Ford cars, which is an
American Corporation, I have for the last 15 years or so bought
British/French Peugeots and Citroens, most of which have been totally
reliable over big annual mileages. Fords seem to last for 60,000 miles and
then everything goes wrong with them!

A number of my friends have British Rover cars (probably with some Lucas
components), and they also seem to be much more reliable than Fords.
Unfortunately that company went into liquidation and was eventually bought
by the Chinese.

Derek Copeland