Old July 20th 05, 05:34 PM
Everett M. Greene

"Steven P. McNicoll" writes:
"Richard Kaplan" wrote

Again... "Intentions" are obvious. ATC should offer specific options.

Again. The options are obvious, or they should be to any experienced pilot.
Tell ATC which of the obvious options you'd like. ATC is there to help you,
try working with them instead of against them.

It's my understanding that the usual procedure in a case
such as this is for the controller to issue a reroute based
on the pilot's destintation, present location, and traffic
and weather conditions. Giving the pilot a "say intentions"
sounds a lot like "you're on your own buddy!". That doesn't
sound at all helpful.

Something I haven't seen discussed is how long the
pilot has to give ATC some suggestions in this case.
While contemplating alternative plans and awaiting a
revised clearance, the pilot is to continue on his
existing clearance. What happens if that takes him
into the control area that doesn't want him?