Old July 20th 05, 10:21 PM
Hamish Reid

In article ,
"Howard Nelson" wrote:

"Howard Nelson" wrote in message
news

"Hamish Reid" wrote in message
In article et,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Howard Nelson" wrote in message
m...

This thread just gets more interesting. I can just imagine a tape

where
the following was said:

"JAL xxx heavy, Bay Approach refusing to accept you. Say intentions"

To what destination would JAL be going that took him through Bay

Approach?

Erm, 1999? :-)

Hamish

Got me. 19xx-1999 Bay Approach, 1999-2003 Nor Cal approach (and maybe a
couple of others), 2004- present Sierra Approach, 2006-? Western Approach,
followed by USA approach to be handled by a synthesized voice sounding

like
Steven saying "USA approach refusing to handle you. What are your
intentions?".

My bad

The sequence was Bay to Sierra to NorCal. I can't wait to see what the next
consolidation is. Luckily I haven't said Bay Approach (or TCA) in years
probably because the correct answer is printed on my charts.

Just don't call them "Oakland" like I do every now and then...

I'm betting on "Left Coast Approach" by 2020 :-).

Hamish