Old September 3rd 10, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default problems with downloading flights from 302

On 9/2/2010 6:07 PM, T8 wrote:
On Sep 2, 8:23 pm, wrote:

I don't see any reference to a CAI file not do I think the 302 can
produce one.

Right, it's not in the docs, anywhere. But it can, and it will.

I've never heard of this claim before, and if it's not in the approval
document, you can't use it, anyway.
The fact that the binary download is blazingly fast compared to the
typical igc d/l causes me to wonder if the 302 uses the old cai format
internally and the igc file creation is done 'on the fly' during
download.

Nope, the 302 uses a different, more secure algorithm than the old Model
20, etc, and that is why it has the highest level of IGC approval (all
flights), and the Model 10, 20, and 25 do not (badges only).

--

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (netto to net to email me)