Old August 24th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default R22 Helicopter POH

Kevin
Excellent advice!!!
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On 22 Aug 2006 20:03:05 -0700, "Merlin"
wrote:

Hi, New here Im am working on getting my license. All that is left is
the check ride. Does anyone know where I can download a pdf of copy of
the R22 POH?

You're going to need one for the oral portion so just go out and buy
one.. If you do find a PDF version, chances are it isn't going to be
the latest and greatest with all the current safety notices. (Like
Safety Notice 40 which came out a couple weeks ago)

Besides, you spent tens of thousands of dollars (or euros or rubles or
whatever) to get ready for your checkride and now you want to skimp on
a book that you'll need? It's only $40 and if you get the annual
subscription, you get all the updates as well.

Not sure how the DPEs are around you, but if they all operate like the
examiners around here, if you show up for a checkride without the POH
for the ship you're flying and a current copy of the FAR/AIM, you're
gonna fail. I show up for checkrides dressed like a professional
(nice slacks, oxford shirt...) and with several million pounds of
books & charts.