Old August 27th 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Angelo Campanella

Default What is a good desktop Simulaor?

Fish wrote:
It's especially good for that. Since there's no physical movement and limited
visiblity, it's less useful for VFR. But since IFR is all about watching the
instruments, and since the instruments are simulated quite well in FS, it can
be very useful for IFR (even though it's not certified by the FAA).

Yea, but the problem I have with IFR in FS9 is that the flight controller
cancels my flight plan if I don't maintain my altitude within 300ft. or
something like that. Wish there was an option to turn that rule off or the
game gives you more time to get back to correct altitude before it cancels
the flight plan.

Yep. Life sucks. But in the real world, ATC gets squirrely like that as
far as real altitude is concerned. In real life, the flight plan is not
cancelled, but a stern warning of "violation" soon follows, and possible
administrtive woe for the pilot for months following, unless correction
is immediate if not sooner.

Ang. C.
..