Old August 23rd 04, 05:06 AM
Michael Wise

In article ,
Pooh Bear wrote:

The Cold War is over - or did someone forget to mention it to you ?

Somebody needs to tell that to the USN VQ-1 EP-3 crew who were held
prisoner by the Chinese military several days before being allowed to
even speak with the outside world.

Compare that to Gary Powers' treatment if you want to make a Cold War
comparison.

If the USA chooses to spy on the PRC, I'm unsurprised that the PRC wishes to
try
and deter such action. I would be interested to see the reaction of the USA
Chinese spy planes off its shores !

The number of Chinese apologists spouting this BS sickening.

Chinese ELINT aircraft have plaid spook on the Koreans and Japanese for
years. They are intercepted by those countries' assets as well as those
of our USAF and USN.

Would Japan be justified to recklessly intercept their PRC spy planes in
international airspace and then take the crew prisoner when they are
forced to land as a consequence of an incompetently flown intercept?

--Mike