Old October 24th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

Default Will a generic card reader work for downloading Garmin GNS 430 updates?

"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

Ron Lee wrote:
Good question. I have not determied what type card it is yet.
However, it does appear on the outside to be the same as those in the
Garmin 250 XL(?). Aircraft Spruce sells a reader for whatever type
card that is for about $40 USD. It is not a Compact Flash, SD or xD
card.

Not sure about the 430 but the G1000 appears to be SD cards. However,
I've not tried to pull one out.
-Robert

I just pulled an SD card out of my IPAQ to verify that they are not
identical (GNS 430 card). The AS&S item that supports StreetPilot,
ColorMap, eMap and GPSMap 295 is part # 11-00553. I was incorrect
about the 250 XL but will verify the unit that I compared cards with
today.

Ron Lee