Old February 22nd 21, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]

Default Importing unregistered ASK-21

On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 11:38:14 AM UTC-8, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Monday, February 22, 2021 at 10:10:26 AM UTC-7, ProfJ wrote:
OK, idle fantasies on a winter day here - if I was to buy an ASK-21 in Australia that had never been registered there (see https://www.pickles.com..au/trucks/i...der/1020118632) how painful would it be to register it in the US?

See my PM.

Frank Whiteley

I have imported a glider that didn’t have an Airworthiness For Export because it wasn’t airworthy (broken) and to further complicate things, it was de-registered (destroyed), in its old country! Took some letter writing and inspections, but after 6 months, I got it registered in the US with Experimental cert.

Note, I don’t believe an Experimental , 2 - seater can be used for instruction or giving rides and any non-factory modifications will further complicate the issue!
JJ