Old December 20th 03, 08:57 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Mary Shafer" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:26:22 GMT, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

snip of idiot imnsulting poster

According to the guy who owned Learjet for a while, the weather at
Kitty Hawk a hundred years ago did make a contribution to the success
of the flight. There was high pressure and it was cold, so the
pressure altitude was negative. This would have improved performance
a little.

You mean the guy who invented the 8-track?

I've seen the photos and read the diaries and he's right about the
weather generally. I don't know about the barometer, though. It's an
interesting concept, at any rate.

The flyer probably weighed 1000 lbs, this week; as opposed to the 700 pound
original. (ie wet)