Old October 3rd 10, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Brian Whatcott

Default VFR Practise Approaches

On 10/1/2010 8:46 PM, wrote:
On Oct 1, 7:07 pm, brian wrote:

In VMC, there are VFR approaches, and practice IFR approaches.
In IMC there are IFR approaches. Full stop.

Brian,

I think it's ATC facility dependent for IFR approaches and full stops.

I get touch and goes on IFR approaches on IFR clearances routinely my
neck of the woods.

Touch and goes also can be done on IFR XC round robins. Just file to
a fix at the destination airport, pick up the approach clearance and
fly back home after the touch and go.

Hehe...I could easily get sucked up into this little anti PC pretend
dust-devil... By "full stop" I was not characterizing the landing but
the type of approaches available in IMC - which number one. You can work
it out, I'm sure.

:-)

Brian W