Old May 14th 18, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gas Strut for early (1997) Anschau Komet trailer

Sorry, what I meant was that Bansbach shipped a different set of hinge eyes with their otherwise-standard quick-ship strut. The response from their USA sales support engineer was the following:

"The Quick ship part number QS-28-350 with the S4 hinge eyes attached would have an extended length of 812mm and a fully compressed length of 462mm. We could get this down to 452mm by pairing up the quick ship with our A1, M10 hinge eyes instead. I have prepared a drawing and updated your quote."

The effect was to get a semi-custom strut without having to add to the lead time that would have normally resulted from that.