Old September 30th 18, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Gas Strut for early (1997) Anschau Komet trailer

This may be a bit late, but in case it helps, here is my experience with an Anschau Komet trailer used to host a Remos G-3 (https://www.anschau.de/s/cc_images/cache_55991629.JPG).

The original gas struts lasted only a few years. Using the gas struts labels, I identified the manufacturer and ordered two pairs.

After installing them, I noticed that opening the top became much more difficult than before.

I contacted Anschau and they reluctantly revealed that they customise the gas struts (increase the preasure and fill the two in a pair with different preasures, one to help lift the cover in the first part and one to keep it in the upper position).

So, if you have problems with the gas struts (and if you keep the trailer long enough you'll certainly have), better contact Anschau and get a quote for the gas struts.