Old October 5th 17, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Is there a nose hook modification for a standard cirrus

Please describe the "spoiler mod".Â* Sounds interesting.

On 10/4/2017 7:13 PM, Scott Williams wrote:
On Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 4:27:58 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I bought a standard cirrus. I havent flown it yet, but I was wondering if it's possible to put a nose hook on the plane?

Last year I spoke to Heinze of M&H the U.S. Schempp-Hirth Dealer, he thought kit, less Tost release would run $1500, Tost release maybe $500. Installation labor??

Heinze thought it would not be cost effective.
I bought the spoiler mod instead. My glider already had the hatch and wedekind sleeves.
Spoiler mod was worth twice what I paid IMO.

Good Lift,
Scott.

--
Dan, 5J