Old May 25th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Settling with power Chopper crash

Mr Rogers wrote:
Common, I want to hear the whole story about not having a map. It makes for
good reading. Infact I'd love hear all the stories you have if you have the
time to write them.

Waiting with bated breath,

Regards

Heath

Just a bit now, more later if you are interested. We were flying an
AH-1G to be a static display at the Ohio State Fair. We found Columbus
just fine but the directions we got prior to the flight was "It's
located in the North-West part of Columbus and we would see it
immediately when we approached the NW part of the city. We did have a
sectional and landed to ask directions. The Sheriff finally told us
where the Fair was actually located.

As for the guns, we had to remove them each night and secure them at the
police station. We thought it had already been coordinated but we found
out it was at a different Police Station. The on-duty desk clerk took
one look and disappeared from the office. We finally got permission to
secure the guns there each night. It's a bit boring once told but it's
one of my memories from "way back then"

My only advice to Kevin is to always be alert, know that something will
happen that will require his training to kick in and there will be some
memories that he will never forget.

But Kevin.... I feel for you about paying the loan back. And tell you
there are hour building jobs out there. At Papillon Grand Canyon
Helicopters I saw a female get hired with only R22 time and going to the
Bell course on the B206 turbine helicopter class. I never asked about
her certificate and hours but it couldn't be too many hours. Flying the
Canyon gets SO boring but definitely is an hour builder.

PS... Send a picture with your resume. For some reason I found out I
was hired because I did send the picture. It at least causes the Chief
Pilot to look twice and may be the difference between getting hired or not.

--

boB
Wing 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)