Old January 20th 04, 09:46 PM
Paul

Bose - big bucks for a piece of plastic made by folks on minimum wage ( hot
rice bowl ) in China and sold for a premium price, a bit like Lightspeed
which I use but with a certain air of exclusiveness for the needy, if they
work for you goood show.

Paul

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
Thomas Borchert writes:

No charge, yet it's got to be worth more than the original order.

Would you rather have a very occasional free gift like that and an
absurdly high product price to cover that - or a more reasonable
product price to begin with?

Let's see...they got rid of an item that they're dumping anyway. What
do you think it was worth to them altogether (including shipping, etc.)?
$20-$40? Now what portion of Bose X owners got this deal? 1 in 1000?
(I have two pairs and I just got a package from Bose - long story - that
didn't include the gift.)

So, what's the "more reasonable product price" that we're discussing
here? A differences of something on the order of $1 less than now? Nah,
I'll happily pay a dollar for a chance at "a very occasional free gift
like that".

The real bottom line is that there isn't anyone producing a comparable
product. (Yes, I have LightSpeed, Sennheiser and a couple Dave Clark
headsets in my plane too, but my wife and I go for the Bose.)

--kyler