Old October 28th 13, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marten Kemp

Default General Aviation Dead?

On 10/28/2013 5:03 PM, wrote:
On Monday, October 10, 2011 10:39:34 AM UTC-7, Quaalude wrote:
"I look with sadness on the Cessna with bees nests in its air vents, or
the Mooney sitting on its rims with critters running in and out of it,
and the Cessna 150, faded and gutted like a fish. I ask myself, how did
it get to this? How could someone let their plane “die” this way?"

http://seebarryfly.wordpress.com/2011/05/20/is-the-death-of-general-aviation-%E2%80%9Cplane%E2%80%9D-to-see/

any event (adverse, unfortunate, inconvenient or just for the
hell of it) + lawyers = lawsuits = increased insurance costs +
regulations, restrictions & paperwork
government = regulation & paperwork = expense for the owner,
operator and manufacturer
EPA = lawsuits, fines and cleanup = expense
"War on terror" = regulation, paperwork and restrictions
land prices for development increase = closed airports
private airports disappearing from charts = fewer places to go

pretty soon it's not quite worth it to go flying and the
value of the airplane has dropped so far that it's not
quite worth trying to sell it

--
-- Marten Kemp (Fix ISP to reply)