Old January 19th 04, 09:19 PM
Snowbird

Roy Smith wrote in message ...

Can anybody give me a real-life example of a flight where they ran into
trouble because they hadn't gotten a sectional chart notam?

I can see how you could die if you don't have current approach plate
notams. But a sectional chart notam???

Well, I've twice had it happen that an airport I was flying to
changed UNICOM frequency in the middle of a chart cycle. It
was a published NOTAM, so not given as part of a standard FSS
briefing, but it was not on the current sectional charts nor
in the current AF/D. One I got off DUATS, one I missed.

Hopefully everyone has their eyes peeled and it wasn't a matter
of life and death, but it was definately inconvenient not to
mention somewhat embarrassing .

Cheers,
Sydney