Old February 3rd 04, 04:00 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:49:50 GMT, "Mike Rapoport"
wrote:

My upper rotating beacon has stopped rotating and I am debating whether to
overhaul it or replace it with one of the new Whelen flashing beacons. The
flashing beacons are all solid state with no moving parts but cost $800 and
I am also concerned about noise since the beacon is located a few inches
from the COM1 antenna. Has anyone replaced a beacon with the new flashing
type? How far from your COM antenna is it? Is there any noise on the COM?
A question for the electronics gurus: Do I even need to be concerned with
noise?

Thanks in advance!

Mike
MU-2

Mike,

I was going to replace it ten or fifteen years ago. Unfortunately, the
strobe that Whelan had caused interference in my WX10A Stormscope. The
shop tried all kinds of shielding but were unable to get a clean WX10A. So
I'm still rebuilding the Grimes every two or three years.