Old September 12th 03, 03:00 AM
sean trost

yup when they retire the blackhawk the flight crew ferrying em to the
depot will get a ride back in a huey.....

all the best
Sean thump, thump, thump... Trost

Frederick Wilson wrote:

I know the Corpus Christi Depot has a DRMO sale of its equipment. I know
personally of a person that bought a perfectly flyable OH-58A+ for $500 from
one of these sales.

I flew it out of there for him to his location in New Mexico. All it had in
there was an old VHF for comes and nave. Of course the RMI worked.

I would guess that is where you could get one. But you can not get the ones
I am flying right now. I don't think the Guard should ever get ride of them.

Fred

"Jim" wrote in message
om...

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone that knows about owning a UH-1 would be
willing to talk to me about it (off list if you want, or on
list..maybe others would be interested).
I have a bunch of questions regarding a future purchase. Things like
where the type certificate comes from, and are there a limited number
of them, etc. Can a Huey be registered as an experimental, and would
that give you more flying leeway (maintaining skills clause)? Can you
bid directly to the military, or do you have to buy from a reseller?
Any experiences, good and bad, suggestions, etc, etc, etc.
I have everything to learn about getting one without getting
screwed. I appreciate any responses.

Thanks,
Jim