Old September 12th 03, 10:21 PM
Jim

Excellent links Chuck. Thanks.
For anyone looking for AC 21-3, it's actually AC 21-13.
Real good info.

Jim

"Chuck Kemp" wrote in message ...
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/1632b449053a492e862569c3006c1771/$FILE/ac20-96.pdf

Basically it will cost quite a bit to get an airworthiness cert on a surplus
aircraft. Garlick Helicopters is one organization that does this. You will
still have to fly the aircraft in a restricted category or for exhibition
only. There will be a lot of limitations to owning a surplus aircraft.

Check the above link regarding surplus military aircraft. The AC title is:
"Surplus Military Aircraft a briefing for prospective buyers." AC20-96.
Also check out AC 21-3 "Standard Airworthiness Certification of Surplus
Military Aircraft.

Regards,

Chuck Kemp

Check the
"Jim" wrote in message
om...
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone that knows about owning a UH-1 would be
willing to talk to me about it (off list if you want, or on
list..maybe others would be interested).
I have a bunch of questions regarding a future purchase. Things like
where the type certificate comes from, and are there a limited number
of them, etc. Can a Huey be registered as an experimental, and would
that give you more flying leeway (maintaining skills clause)? Can you
bid directly to the military, or do you have to buy from a reseller?
Any experiences, good and bad, suggestions, etc, etc, etc.
I have everything to learn about getting one without getting
screwed. I appreciate any responses.

Thanks,
Jim