Old July 20th 18, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default grob main wheel and brake disk

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 2:49:20 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
DOT 5 which REALLY SUCKS WATER OUT OF THE AIR).

Are you sure about this? Sounds like you are, but DOT 5 brake
fluid is silicone based, isn't it? Hydrophobic, as I read it.
Silicone brake fluid is a favorite with some antique car owners,
since it doesn't absorb water, which rusts the interior of the
brake system. I've got it in my old cars. It has other problems,
like being harder to bleed, though.

Or I could be completely wrong again.

Jim Beckman