Old November 21st 04, 02:14 AM
Peter Clark

On 20 Nov 2004 17:07:52 -0800, (Doug)
wrote:

I have a King KLN90B and update it with update software from King and
a database from King. My old laptop broke (it fell off the table and
broke the power connection on the inside board, I still have it if
anyone knows how to fix it).
Anyway, I bought a new Toshiba P35 laptop. No RS232 port. No problem,
I thought. Just buy a USB to RS232 adaptor. But the Radio Shack
adapter I bought had software on floppy! Grrr!

Anyone know of a USB to RS232 adaptor that comes with CDROM software
or some other solution (PCMCIA port card?) for a laptop that doesn't
have an RS232 port or a floppy drive?

Keyspan makes one with driver on ROM (at least the one I picked up has
the drivers on ROM) - they sell it at CompUSA
(
http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...ct_code=309975
). But before bothering with that, have you gone to the vendor's
website and looked for downloadable drivers for the one you have?

Luck.