Old September 13th 05, 02:24 AM
Jim Martin

Thanks for the input guys, it seems to be pretty much all there and it's
very low time
{ been sitting in a field for 15 yrs} and it's pretty grungy. I'm sure I'll
have some surprises
It'll be a several year project.

"pbc76049" wrote in message

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
Jim Martin wrote:
Hi Folks,
Just picked up a '56 172 which I plan to restore up here in Canada.
I'm missing cowlings and log books.
Is there someone I can talk to at FAA to see if
AD's have been complied with on this aircraft.

Generally the FAA has no clue if an AD is complied with. There's
no paperwork that gets filed, it's only recorded in the aircraft

logbooks.

Since you now own it, you need to do an ad search to day one, a weight and
balance, create an equipment list
and do the logs lost, new logbook estimated time XXX thing. Good luck and

hope your "suprises" are small and
inexpensive......