Old September 27th 17, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Glider near miss with Airliner (emergency climb) near Chicago yesterday?

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 11:48:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hey Darryl, PMSC exists the the USA and still supports people and pilots constitutional rights on free speech . Don't freakin squeeze my fellow club member. That's as arrogant as it gets. You want a solution? It begins with lowing the cost of Flarm. I can't afford another $1600 toy either. We don't all ow 100plus k gliders.

That's is the solution. GA participation is in decline and some of that is cost. Get the cost down and pilots will buy.

Dennis DC

Are you posting as a representative of Post Mills Soaring Club (PMSC)? The club agrees with the posts trivializing this as "spilt drinks"?

Gregg has his free speech right and posted a bunch of childish dangers crap and I used my free speech right and replied. If you don't like that you can go pound sand.

FLARM? FLARM is not the issue here, its transponder carriage near busy airspace. I am concerned that you are still confused by that, and concerned that confusion may also extend to the rest of the Post Mill Soaring Club (again are you posting on behalf of the club?).

What do you think representatives of the FAA and NTSB reading this public forum think when they see asinine comments about 'spilt drinks" when discussing what seems like a serious NMAC incident involving an airliner?

Costs are going to get real quickly for your club if the transponder and ADS-B out exemptions are removed. Something I used to hope is not needed, but right now, just in this r.a.s. thread alone, the combination of childish attitudes and confusion between FLARM and transponder worries me that the glider community in the USA may not be responsible enough to be trusted with voluntary Transponder (and in future ADS-B Out) use.