Old March 6th 06, 10:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FLARM

At 16:30 05 March 2006, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
This reply is typical of Don, but is not representative
of UK thinking.
At a nominal 55mA current drain, this should not significantly
affect
Battery life. If Don had ever seen a FLARM display
he might not utter
such ill-informed opinions about cluttering the cockpit.

True, there are, AFAIK, no FLARM installations in UK,

Sorry Tim, I think that what I said is truly representative
of the thinking of UK glider pilots. I have yet to
speak to any who have a burning desire to install FLARM,
or indeed transponders.
I bet you a new FLARM unit that I could find more pilots
who don't want FLARM or who don't care than you can
find pilots that desire it.

I do not have room on my panel for any additional display

The reasons for my view may not be representative of
UK thinking, but I think you would have to admit that
there is general apathy surrounding FLARM in the UK.