Old August 16th 05, 12:28 AM
Dave S

Default Navy? C2/COD makes single engine, gear up landing.

Just saw a video on local (Houston) news of a Grumman C2 making a belly
landing on a paved runway at Norfolk, VA. Over 25 souls on board,
everyone ok.

The left fan was turning, the right one was feathered. Apparently the
right engine failure prevented the gear from being extended. I would
have figured the military a/c would have the ability to extend the gear
inspite of an engine out.

Anyone familiar with the systems on these birds, and wether the right
engine is "critical" with regards to this function, or is there likely a
double failure of some kind (powerplant AND hydraulics).

Flaps were extended/down, but I am unsure if they were in full landing,
or approach setting, nor am I sure of how they are actuated.

Dave