Old January 19th 04, 11:49 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Judah" wrote in message
My kids are just starting in school. My son is in 3rd grade and my

daughter
will start Kindergarden next fall.

Please advise on how I can ensure that my children grasp the knowledge
presented to them.

1) Avoid public schools
2) Dig out all you can about the Montessori method
3) Find some good material about human epistemology
4) Find some good works on critical thinking
5) Find some good works about abstract thinking and concept formation
(note: this teaches children to make associations, rather then just
perform memorization)

There is more, but this should hold you for a year or so. Note, too, that
very little of this material is found in the conventional literature of
education.

If you need some sources, leave you email address.