Old February 22nd 05, 03:14 PM

On 22 Feb 2005 06:53:32 -0800, wrote:

Take a look at the AnywhereMap system from Control Vision. I just
checked mine for RAL and it popped right up. I wouldn't focus too much
on using a PDA for approaches, however. They're not legal for approach
guidance, and you'll never be able to use it for a checkride. I rely
on mine primarily for weather (XM download) and backup in case of
electrical failure. I think you can get reconditioned Garmin IFR
approach certified panel GPS units for similar prices. IFR in real IMC
is serious stuff, and if you can't fly a hold without seeing a moving
map, forget it.

Not legal for approach guidance?

Of course they are.