Old June 28th 19, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default Source for db25 shell for locking pins on a Becker 4201?

On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 10:06:48 AM UTC-4, Sarah wrote:
Becker likes to use slide locks for the db25 connector on the back of the radio.

The ar3201 has a circular pin slide lock - the ar4201 a different locking "hook" hardware set.

Does anyone have a source for such hardware? I've looked in mouser and other online catalogs, but all I find are the standard
screw-in post connectors.

I'd replace the lock hardware on the radio, but suspect I'd have to completely disassemble it to put in new hardware.

This is what I used on my new-to-me AR4201; MHED-DS25S - D Sub Backshell: https://www.newark.com/mh-connectors...14_US%2Fsearch

Newark part number 61W9841 ; cost under $3USD/per. I'm surprised that the normal soaring suppliers don't stock them.

Cheers
Dan