Old October 6th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
cjcampbell

Default The Most Expensive Ironing Boards in the World...

Jay Honeck wrote:

With a sinking feeling, I hopped off the wing to behold a mess of epic
proportions. Oil was EVERYWHERE on Atlas' right flank, dripping
steadily out the lower cowling. This obviously wasn't anything to be
ignored, so we de-cowled the engine, and stared numbly at the God-awful
mess that was our beautiful, low-time O-540.

Interestingly, we were only 1/2 quart down on the dipstick.

A very little oil sure goes a long way, eh? Amazing, isn't it?