Old October 10th 18, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Mt Washington Diamond Mine delivers again...

On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 12:02:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Did the wave camp have a special waiver allowing flights above FL280[sic] and into RVSM airspace?

The wave window was open to FL350 yesterday, and most of that got used! Sadly, I was at work...

There exists a letter of agreement which spells out the operating parameters and procedures. It's worked very well. The airspace made available is a 10 NM radius cylinder centered on a point roughly coincident with the Mt Wash primary.

Typically, we'll ask for FL260 to start, and if pilots get close to the ceiling, we'll ask for more.

The air we want to be in is not something you want to fly a 767 through at speed anyway....

T8