Old October 27th 03, 01:18 PM
Mark Kolber

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:32:56 +0000 (UTC), (Paul
Tomblin) wrote:

http://www.awp.faa.gov/fsdo/icao.htm doesn't agree with my understanding.
I remember a few years back that the FAA announced that the
non-high-performance Cherokees would be P28A, but the high-performance
Dakota would be P28B. But they've got P28A for all of them.

Apples and oranges, Paul. The shorthand designator that you are
referring to are for flight plan filing, where they are grouping
multiple models under the same designator. The just don't care whether
the C172 you are flying is a 172A, B, C, D, ... P, R, S, RG, XT or
other variation.

The designators being talked about in the thread are the
manufacturer-model designations for each individual make and model in
a group.

And I try to say "Thank you" for the CoPilot database every chance I
get. So, thank you.

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com