Old September 28th 11, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vaughn[_3_]

Default Oxygen

"Jim" wrote in message
http://www.inogenaviator.com/products.html

This oxygen system looks interesting but is only certified to 15k and
battery life is only 6 hours. It would be nice to do away with filling
bottles. Does anybody know of any other systems available or on the
horizon that would be more useful to glider pilots?

This is the first time that I have seen POCs (Portable Oxygen Concentrators)
pitched to the general aviation market. I believe Inogen was the first to
market POCs in the medical field. I am familiar with Inogen equipment, but not
this particular unit. In my opinion, they make good stuff. In the medical
world, Inogen now has a few competitors who also make good POCs. I believe
that GA is a tiny market compared to medical oxygen, so it will be interesting
to see if any other manufacturers jump into the GA game.