Old November 30th 06, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Turnpoint Exchange Web Site Highjacked?

I just got off the phone with the folks at the registry and they assure
me that things will be unhonked within 24 hours... Apologies for the
inconvenience, and thanks to those of you who brought this directly to
my attention. As a couple of posters pointed out, we have two mirror
sites in addition to aerobatics.ws to guard against precisely this sort
of "eventuality": http://soaring.xinqu.net/ and
http://soaring.gahsys.com/ They have identical content and the only
slight differences are related to the fact that the search and
collection programs run only on aerobatics, but that does not effect
the direct delivery of any of the content.

While I'm posting here, the US Pilot Ranking List has been updated for
all of the 2006 contests. Please let me know if you see any glitches -
there around bound to be some unfortunately. And thanks to those
contest organizers who posted final scores with the pilots SSA numbers,
that saves *many* hours of hand editing try to match up pilots with
their SSA numbers.

be safe out there, and keep the suggestions coming,

John Leibacher