Old January 31st 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

Default Cold Weather PreHeating

In article , "pgbnh"
wrote:

But anyway, what's the common wisdom on preheating. Granted, in an ideal
world, preheating is probably a good idea anytime it's below 40, but it IS a
pain for those of us who are forced to tie down outside and have no access
to electricity. At what temperature point are you comfortable starting
WITHOUT a preheat? (If it matters, this is for a Lyc IO360 that will start
easily down to about 10 deg).

I use a red dragon preheater. Since I own it I simply take the time
and accept the hassle of preheating anytime below 40 degrees. My
cherokee 140 starts a lot easier.

Doing the preheat was a lot easier when I had a T-hangar, but I still
preheat even though I'm on a crappy tie-down.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the