Old July 10th 04, 06:42 PM
Ed Rasimus

On 10 Jul 2004 17:04:36 GMT, (BUFDRVR) wrote:

Dan wrote:

He went through OTS

Actually the ANG calls it something different...at least they did in 1994 when
I went through UPT with 4 Guardsmen. Little did they know that they were
recieving special treatment. Please don't engage "Walt", he doesn't have a clue
about the military or aviation and as such is not worth your time. IMHO, "Walt"
is the worst troll I've seen here *ever*. At least Venik and the rest of the
"Serb loonies" were discussing aviation related matters....fantasy aviation,
but aviation none-the-less.

BUFDRVR

I was OPR at ATC-Hq from 1970-72 for "undergraduate rated assignments"
in ATC-Personnel. My office was responsible for all input to flying
training programs (UPT, UNT, UPT-H) and all graduate assignments into
the operational training pipeline. We also did the CONUS survival
school input (global at Fairchild, water at Homestead and the
"special" courses.)

We handled input from AFA, AFROTC, OTS (whether ANG, AFRES or
active-duty). That give me a bit of insight into the personnel
sequencing of pilot input during the period and the manning situation
during the drawdown period from SEA that has been in discussion.

As for feeding the trolls, I learned a long time ago that the value of
Usenet isn't in changing the mind of the trolls, but of providing
input and fact to the readers of the threads. No one is going to
communicate intelligently with Walt who simply regurgitates what he
gets from Terry McAuliffe and doesn't acknowledge being found wrong
regardless of how many people provide refutation. The statements of
fact are for the consideration of the lurkers who might otherwise find
their ideas forever corrupted with simplistic propaganda.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press