Old June 28th 04, 08:21 PM
Dudley Henriques

"ShawnD2112" wrote in message
news:AnZDc.1369$Dq1.851@newsfe6-win...
Was hoping to get a bit of expertise here. I'm in the market for an
emergency bailout chute for flying in my Pitts S-1D. The top US

contenders
seem to be National and Softie but with no experience in the field,

and
parachutes not exactly being the kind of object you can try on for

size in
the shop, I don't really know what to look for and what to avoid. I'd
appreciate any tips anyone out there could provide. Are there any

European
models that anyone has any experience with? Obviously comfort and

space in
the cockpit are major considerations.

Thanks!
Shawn

Shawn;

I take it you're into negative g these days, or at least thinking about
that side of the envelope :-) I'd suggest the Mini Softie. You can get
it with a very comfortable aerobatic harness which doesn't kill you with
the metalwork if you're working the airplane negative.
It should fit into the D cockpit ok unless you've been hanging out at
Mac Donald's too much lately or into that damn "bloomin onion" thing I
ate the other night at the Outback!! Man, you should have seen THAT
thing!!!! :-)) I think they just dip it into a bucket of LDL Cholesterol
and hand it to you!! :-))
Dudley