Old February 26th 04, 03:58 PM
Puppinator

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
I've seen the term "carpet bombing" bandied about for years. I've never

seen
or
heard a definition. Is there one? A generally accepted one?

I generally dislike the term since it's often applied to the BUFF and

seems to
mean to most in the world media; "dropping 6 or more bombs at once". The
definition to most of the present and former aviators I know appears to be
"bombing a target *area* rather than a target itself".

Carpet bombing: Large amounts of munitions dropped over an area to dispense
of bad guys and tactical targets.........in other words, opening all the
bays at once to achieve maximum use of force...WTF is wrong with that as
long as mission accomplished?
--
Pup
USAF, Retired