Old May 1st 05, 04:03 AM
Jay Beckman

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Jay Beckman wrote:
"Slick" wrote in message

If I took the tires off of a 10-speed bicycle would it fit into the beck
seat of a 172?

Can't recall if it was Plane & Pilot or Private Pilot but,

I saw a blurb (with photo) about a bike rack for C172s that mouned ABOVE
the cockpit just like on a car with straps that tied it down to the door
frames.

They claimed it had a minimal effect on W&B.

This is really funny. Go back and check the date on the issue. I was
wondering if anyone would miss the point on that.

Matt

Matt,

Hehe, it just might have been the April issue...

But, it struck me as legitimate because it was in the front of the mag where
they highlight new equipment, avionics, training dvds, etc. and was not a
stand-alone article.

I found passing references to it in a couple of the rec.bicycle.* grouips
via Google too.

But, it might have been an April Fool's gag too.

Jay B