Old August 25th 14, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152

Default FAA Bans GA Ride Sharing Companies

On 26/08/14 01:17, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 08:28:27 +1200, george152 wrote:

To fly for hire or reward we had to have a Commercial Pilot License

A private certificate permits 25 mile maximum from departure point sight seeing
flights, IIRC. Commercial permits flying for heir (crop dusting, photo, banner
tow, ...), but not pax.

Different here and I rather suspect there.
A Commercial permits you to fly for hire or reward. Carrying cargo, ag
chemicals or pax.
A Private Pilots License permits you to fly and do all the above but not
receive remuneration.
That limit I seem to recall we had for night flying.
And there was a limited PPL but as far as I know that died. I'll have to
check.