Old July 15th 05, 06:11 PM
Frank Stutzman

O. Sami Saydjari wrote:
Denny,

As others have pointed out, the connection between some of what GAMi
measures and the impact on TBOs for example, is really speculation at
this point. It does not need to be. Some scientific controlled
experiments could do wonders here. That is my only point. Hats off to
the GAMI folks for starting us down the right road. -Sami

Several of the GAMI principals hang out on the Bonanza owners list. While
I guess there hasn't been a double blind (if you could do such a thing)
scientific test, the evidence is pretty much out there.

You've got to remember that LOP operations are nothing new. When the
radial engine was king, airlines ran their DC-4, DC-6 and Constellations
LOP as a regular practice. Engines almost always made TBO.

Now I guess you could say that the engines in our little planes aren't the
same as the large radials. Could be, I'm no engine expert. The GAMI
folks, though, will tell you that it doesn't matter wether your running a
lawn mower or a double-wasp radial, the combustion event is the same.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"