Old March 5th 19, 04:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default PETITION to preserve the Mont-Blanc airport (France) used byglider pilots .....

On Sunday, March 3, 2019 at 10:32:56 AM UTC-5, fred wrote:
Hello,

We need your help and the contribution of all the pilots from all the countries !

The mayor of Sallanches (France) has decided to close the airport .... that is the only airfield to fly in the Mont-Blanc and Chamonix valley

This aiport is used every year by many plan and glider pilots to fly / land in security !

Can you please share the petition and ask pilots to sign :

http://bit.ly/HELP-LFHZ

See the map : https://goo.gl/maps/2v6Fj7vgt6o

You can find more information on http://www.planeur.net/index.php/art...795-sallanches

Thank you for your help !

Best regards,

Frederic FUCHS
www.planeur.net

Signed the petition. Let me guess: the environmental area the mayor wants to create wouldn't happen to be a golf course, which would crate much more revenue than a small airport, wouldn't it?

Bonne chance Ã* vos efforts!

Uli
'AS'